ANCIENT IRELAND & THE WILD ATLANTIC WAY
Ireland’s Ancient East and Ireland’s Atlantic Way are equally luring. Rather than having to choose one why not explore Ireland’s ancient east by flying in Dublin and continue to experience Ireland’s Atlantic Way by flying out of Shannon. Get the best of both worlds! The Wild Atlantic Way’s abundance of coastline, links courses, castles and fabulous hospitality and mouth-watering cuisine will blow you away. The Ancient East displays fabulous early Christian and Anglo Ireland history and has some of the finest castles in Ireland.
8 NIGHT TOUR
– Dublin Airport Transfer to hotel
– Stroll around Dublin, the capital of Ireland. Take in the Georgian houses, Trinity College, The Ancient Book of Cells, & The Guinness Storehouse.
– Visit Glendalough and early Medieval monastic settlement founded in the 6th century by St Kevin. Very nice walking trails around Glendalough.
– Cork city! It’s difficult to choose what to do here. Saint Finbarre’s Cathedral, The English Market, The bells of Shandon and The Crawford gallery are always top of the sightseeing list.
– Off to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone. Pub lunch in the village of Blarney. On to Killarney for a jaunt around the town and to Ross castle.
– Ring of Kerry is a fully day out and not to be missed!
– Dingle, Visit the quaint village shops and the ‘Amy Winehouse Church.’ See the Early-Christian Bee-Hive huts, visit Gallarus Oratory.
– Cliffs of Moher & The Burren. The Cliffs of Moher one of Irelands top visitor attractions stands at over 700ft yield breath taking views out to the Atlantic Ocean. Further on, the Burren (meaning large rock) is a UNESCO park that hosts megalithic tombs said to be older than the pyramids. The Burren Perfumery and Caherconnell Fort are nestled inside the Burren and are a splendi way to spend the afternoon exploring and learning.
– Doonbeg & Loop Head Take the morning to have a guided walk along some of the most beautiful coast line in Ireland followed by a little shopping and a seafood lunch in a local village.
– Transfer to Shannon Airport
CUSTOM HIKING TOURS
Hiking & Sightseeing seven day, six night tour of Ireland includes:
Accommodation recommendations for 5 star, 3 star or quality B&B’s.
Transport, Hiking & Driver Guide for 3 days.
Enjoy a combined moderate hiking and sightseeing tour of the west coast of Ireland.
Have Emerald Irish Tours show you some of the west coast of Ireland on foot! Enjoy one day of moderate hiking along the Cliffs of Moher in the Wild Atlantic Way. A second day of hiking in the Burren, a UNESCO world heritage site. The third day of hiking will be along back roads and through the bogs land enjoying the rural landscape and taking in local sites and listening to local stories.
Sightseeing will include one day to Adare, Galway & Connemara region and a fabulous day trip to Ennis & Bunratty castle.